Gmail has all your personal information, and Gmail is careful about how that information. To protect your account in the best way, follow the steps below.
Step 1 (Security Check-up)
- You can add Account recovery options or update them if you already have them.
- It would help if you turned on the two-step verification process.
- It would be best if you turned on screen locks.
Step 2 (Update Your Software)
While using Gmail, try to keep your software up-to-date, which would provide a better interface experience to you.
Step 3 (Use Unique Strong Passwords)
It would help if you used unique and strong passwords for your Gmail account.
Step 4 (Remove Unwanted Browsers And Extensions)
You should always avoid installing unknown applications from unknown sources to protect your personal information.
Step 5 (Protecting Confidential Information)
- Google protects your information, including all of your passwords.
- It would help if you ignored replying to suspicious messages, emails, texts, or even phone calls that ask you for your financial or personal information pretending to be from Google services.
IMPORTANT: Google would never ask you for your personal or financial emails from a third-party service.