Hotmail accounts contain a lot of confidential data which has to be protected, and Hotmail does it very well. For Hotmail, the data is more important, which is why most users rely on it.
Recover Your Hotmail Account
Hotmail offers two different features, which are recovering the password and recovering the account. Recovering your account means that you have made an account previously and have some important data stored on it.
In situations like these, you will recover your Hotmail account. With all the features of using the account, Hotmail also offers you to recover your account through a recovery page. All that this process takes is following a few basic steps, which are;
- Open your web browser.
- Type in address bar “”account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx“”
- It will take you to the page to gain access to your account again.
How To Recover Hotmail Account Password?
You don’t need to panic in any situation as Hotmail recovers anyhow. Your account and data are saved within Hotmail, and it is protected as well.
There are a few situations through which it is identified how you would recover your Hotmail account.
Follow the given steps;
- Open Hotmail through your web browser.
- Enter your username and then click on the forgot password.
- If you have added your number or an alternate email at the time of creating an account, then you are safe.
- It will send a code on number or email. Enter the code.
- You can now enter your new password and log in to your account.
You can also recover your Hotmail account by entering the link to reset your password. It would change all the settings to default, and you would be able to log in with a new password, but all of your stored data remains the same.
Recovering Your Hotmail Username
To recover the username of your Hotmail account, follow the steps below;
- You can quickly recover your username or password if you added the security details when creating your account.
- Add your contact number, which was used as an alternate when setting up an account, at username place.
- Click on the request to get the security code on the contact number or the alternate email address you have provided before.
- After receiving the code, please enter it in the assigned place and click on Next.
How To Recover An Hotmail Account Without Phone Number?
Follow these steps to recover your Hotmail account without a phone number;
- Open your web browser.
- Type this link in the address bar “account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx.”
- Enter your email address or the username you wish to recover
It will send you a code or the mobile number or email you will add now, and then you can recover through entering the code.
Q: Hotmail: A safe option?
A: As Hotmail offers plenty of security options, email and phone number options, two-step verification, and many other options. Your data is secured with Hotmail as this the only way that would help you retain your users.
Q: What happens after resetting a password?
A: Resetting your password changes all your password and username settings to default and starts from a new beginning. As soon as you log in through your unique username and password, you can quickly recover your precious data.
Q: Why Hotmail?
A: Hotmail is one of the oldest free email services, with around 350 million users who enjoy the features of Hotmail as it keeps on updating its features as per the technology speed.
Q: Hotmail saves time
A: With the increase in technology, applications are providing much-enhanced features. Similarly, Hotmail has come up with time-saving features that allow you to work within a similar window without switching here and there.