Instagram is an social media application which is used to upload and share photos and videos among your followers. Instagram was launched by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in 2010 and it was furtjer bought by Facebook in 2012 which has now become the most popular social media platfrom among the people all over the world.
Instagram was originally designed for iOS-based devices like iPhones and iPads. With over one million users in only two months and 10 million in just a year, Instagram released the android version for the public because of many requests around the globe at the end of 2012.
How To Sign up Instagram Account? (iOS and Android)
- Download the Instagram application on your iOS device through the App store or on your Android device through Play store.
- Once the application successfully installs.
- Select the “Sign up with Email or New Number” option if you’re using an android device and “Create New Account” option for iOs device.
- Fill in the fields with your Email address and phone number.
- You’ll be required to enter a confirmation code sent to the email address or the phone number for verification.
- If you want to sign-up through your Facebook account, tap on “Login with Facebook.”
- If you’re registered with an email address or a new phone number, you will be asked to create an email address for Instagram
- Once you’re done, fill the profile information panel with the required details and hit next to start using Instagram.
- You will be asked to log back into your Facebook account if you’re logged out of it when signing in to Instagram through Facebook.
How To Login Instagram on PC and Mobile?
Instagram Login Steps On (PC)
- Open the Official website of Instagram.
- Visit the login page.
- Enter the Username of the account.
- Enter the password you created.
- Click on the Login button.
Instagram Login Steps On (Mobile)
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Type your Username in the first empty field.
- Type your password for that account in the second field.
- Hit Login.
Latest Features Of Instagram
Most of the Instagram features like adding stories and uploading pictures were similiar to Snapchat which was an rival social media application.
Some users only use Instagram to upload stories and pictures on their profile. Instagram stories are short videos or clips and photographs that are customizable and are only available for 24 hours on your profile. You can access your uploaded stories or other user’s stories on the top panel of the Instagram news feed.
- Animated cartoons and stickers to add on pictures and videos.
- Quizzes, Questions and Polls.
- Links to Charity funds and donations that can be paid directly from clicking on the stories.
- Many lyrics of songs are addable on posts to enhance their presentation and make them look good.
Although there are few ways to add a story on Instagram, the most preferable way to add a story is to go to the homepage of your account (also called news feed) and click on the camera icon available on the top-left corner of the window.
You can either go live on Instagram, take a live video or photo or upload an image or content from your gallery. Once you select what you want, you can add customizable text, add stickers, draw anything or add other creative elements to make it shine out of other uploaded content.
Stories are deleted from your account after 24 hours, but they are automatically sent to your archives and saved there. Also, you can permanently add stories to your profile if you want visitors to watch them at any possible time.
The Instagram Live feature enables you to do a Livestream through which you can display what is going on at teh current time. Livestream is broadcasting live videos from your account which can be viewed by different users, although you can restrict specific users to watch your Livestream.
People who are watching your Livestream can send appreciation messages and communicate with you that helps you to socialize.
Steps To Start Instagram Live:
- To start the live stream on Instagram, open the Instagram application on your device and tap on the camera option available at the bottom of the screen.
- After opening the camera, tap on the “Live” option available at the bottom of the camera page.
- The live stream will start a countdown and automatically begin in just a few seconds.
Point To Remember:
There’s a time limit of one hour for the Livestream, it will automatically end, and you’ll have to start again. Commenting of viewers is enabled by default, but just a few steps can also disable that option.
Whenever somebody in your follower’s list starts an Instagram live, you will be notified through a notification. If you follow many people who go live a lot, there will undoubtedly be a flood of unwanted notifications, which you can also disable by just going through a few taps.
IGTV is a video uploading platform that enables users to upload videos of more than 15 minutes. You can upload a video for desktop users with a maximum limit of one hour.
There is a separate application of IGTV for Android and iOS devices, but it is also available on the standard Instagram application.
Steps To Open IGTV:
- Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS device.
- Select the “Magnifying Glass” icon available at the bottom of the homepage.
- Once the page loads, tap on the “IGTV” option linked at the top of the screen.
- Watch videos other users have uploaded or even upload your long-time videos through IGTV easily.
Instagram Reels allows you to create short videos and then edit them through several editing features (Filters, text and stickers etc). These videos can be uiploaded and viewed by your followers. Viewers can comment on the Reel and give suggestions that that either motivates you or becomes a reason of more improvement.
If you want to find Instagram Reels made by other content creators, click on the “Magnifying Glass” icon available at the bottom of the Instagram homepage screen that will open the page for you to browse through.
How To Record An Instagram Reel?
- To upload or create a new Reels Instagram video, go to your Instagram home screen.
- Tap on the “camera” icon available.
- Click on the “Reel” option available on the slider to show up on the page.
Instagram Login Issues And Solutions
Error: “Sorry, there was a problem with your Request“
- There is a possibility that the server might be down and be up in a while, so wait.
- A weak internet connection is a common reason for this error to occur.
- The content you have posted might intrude on Instagram’s guidelines’ privacy and security policy.
- A bug can be a possible reason for the interruption in your login process.
- Checking the status of your server is recommended. Try asking your friends and family if they’re facing the same issue.
- Unlink your Facebook account from Instagram and try linking back to Facebook.
- Re-access your account, try disabling your account temporarily and open it again.
- It may be just a bug in your device, try switching devices and check if it’s logging it from another source.
- Uninstalling the application and reinstalling is preferred.
- Contact Instagram’s help centre if none of these methods works for you.
How To Setup Two-Step Verification
The two-Step verification process enables you to enhance the security of your account. After allowing the Two-Step verification process, you’ll be asked to enter an OTP sent to your device every time you log in to your account.
Steps To Turn On Two-Step Verification:
- Click on your display picture.
- Now click on the “three horizontal lines” option available.
- Now click on the setting option available.
- Search and tap “Security“.
- Click on “Two-factor Authentication.”
- At the bottom of the page, tap “Get Started.”
Steps To Disable Two-Step Authentication:
- Click on your profile picture available on the bottom right of your Instagram homepage.
- Now click on the menu option (three horizontal lines), available on the top right of the screen.
- Click on the “Settings” option available at the bottom.
- Right below “Privacy and Security”, click the “Two-Factor Authentication“.
- Uncheck the Authentication App and Text message options.
How To Logout Instagram (Mobile)?
- Tap on your profile picture on the bottom-right of your Instagram page.
- Now click on the menu (three horizontal lines) and tap on “Settings” when the drop-down menu appears.
- Scroll down and click on the “LogOut” option available at the bottom of the next screen.
How To Logout (Browser)?
- Tap on the profile option on the top-right corner of the screen to open a drop-down menu.
- From that menu, right beside the “Edit profile” option, tap on the gear icon.
- A pop-up menu will show up on the screen. Tap on “LogOut” from the options given on the menu.
Steps To Recover Forgotten Password
- Open the Instagram application on your iOS or Android Device.
- Visit the login page and tap on “Get Help Signing In“.
- Type in your email and re-enter to confirm.
- Now choose between the two recovery options Instagram will show to you.
- Use Email or Username.
- Send A Text.
- Log in through Facebook.
After choosing one of the recovery options shown above, a confirmation email will be sent for you to click on your email address or your phone (depending on the method you selected), click on the link and confirm it by retyping it in the second field accordingly.
How do I make my Instagram Private?
To easily hide your Instagram account from third parties and users, you can make your Instagram Account Private.
- Open your Instagram application and tap on the three horizontal lines option available on the screen.
- Click on “Settings“
- Tap on the “Account Privacy Option” available under the “Connection” options.
- Click on the Private Account model to enable it.
- Click on “Ok” to confirm.
How to get verified on Instagram?
Getting your account verified on Instagram is a great accomplishment if you’re a content creator or influencer on Instagram, as it shows a considerable level of trust from Instagram. If you got a blue mark check on your Instagram account, your account is verified and authentic.
Only celebrities, musicians, vloggers, and influencers’ accounts confirm their identity because many fraudulent charges can be found on Instagram.
- Firstly, Choose the “Settings” option.
- Now click on the “Account Feature” option.
- Directly from the menu, search and tap the “Request Verification” option.
- Fill in the form with the required details and information about you and send the request to Instagram.
- Instagram will then go through your request and decide if you’re eligible to get your account verified.