Gmail.com is a free web mailing service which was introduced on 1st April 2004 by Paul Buchheit with over 1.5 billion users worldwide. Gmail services has made communication easy.
Gmail can be accessed through the web and mobile applications. Third-party programs can also be used to get access to Gmail. Gmail is only one of the few emailing platforms offering more than 100 languages users can choose from.
The storage capacity was 1 Gigabyte which is now inflated up to 15 gigabytes today. The maximum capacity of receiving emails is 50 Megabytes, while the sending capacity is half of that, being 25 Megabytes as of today.
www.Gmail.com covers almost 96% of spoken languages on the internet worldwide. Inserting larger files from Drive as an email is also an option. The Search Forum of the internet and the Search Interface of Gmail are almost similar.
Gmail.com Login On Desktop
- Visit Account sign-in page https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/.
- Enter your username or full email.
- Enter your password key.
- Click “Next“.
You have succussfully logged in to your Gmail account.
How To Login Gmail On Mobile App
Gmail Login On Android
- On your android device, open the Gmail login application.
- Type your correct username and click on “Next”.
- Enter security key (password) then tap continue.
So you have succussfully logged in to your Gmail account, you can send and receive emails.
Gmail Sign in On iOS device
- Open the Gmail application on your iOS device.
- Enter username and password.
- Click Next.
By following these steps you can login Gmail account on every iOS device.
Also Check: How to Recover Gmail Account?
Gmail Sign-up Steps
- Choose account type “For myself” or “To manage a business” to begin the signup process.
- Go to the official website https://accounts.google.com/signup/ click on “Sign in” available on the top right of the screen.
- Select “Create your account“.
- Enter first and last name.
- Enter “Username“.
- Enter a strong password and retype to confirm once.
- Enter phone number to secure your account, you will receive a code.
- Enter the code in the required box.
- Hit “Next“.
Check Detailed Post: How to Sign up for Gmail Account?
Gmail Latest Features
Gmail have made several advancements in their mailing service by maintaining there design and providing the best services. Following are the features introduced by Gmail.com;
- Quick Settings.
- Search Chips.
- Display Density.
- Dynamic Email.
- Collapsible Side Panel.
- Email Snooze.
- Malicious Document Detection.
- Quick Access Controls.
Gmail Privacy And Security
Your privacy is protected from every spam because of Gmail, which detects a threat and stops it before it even reaches your account. Once signed into your account, you can look at and update whatever information without a problem with the help of your use. As an illustration, Drive, and Photos help you manage the number of different data types you have saved.
You can also pause different types of data and information getting saved in your account. For example, YouTube’s saved history, browsing activity, or Location history.
An advanced type of security begins with the same level of privacy. This built-in security measure allows threats to be detected before you even know about them.
Encryption brings an advanced level of privacy and security to Gmail login. Whenever you share a video, store your photos, send an email or visit a website. The data you create by doing that moves between your particular device, data centers and services.
Your data is secured with multiple layers of security, including Transport Layer Security and leading encryption methods like “HTTPS“.
Read More: How to Secure your Gmail Account?
Login Multiple Gmail Accounts at the Same Time
Using Gmail, if you have a single account, try to keep it that way because handling more than one account can be a nightmare, but if you already have multiple accounts for your personal and work use, there is no way to merge them into one account.
On the other hand, if you log into more than one account, you can switch between them without signing out and in again. However, there may not be a way to merge the account, but tools and tactics are tips to manage your accounts more efficiently.
- Launch your computer, iOS, or Android and visit official login page.
- Select your display picture available on the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the menu, select “Add Account“.
- Go ahead and follow the given login instructions and add the account you wish to use.
Switch Between Multiple Accounts
- Visit the account website from the device you’re using.
- Login to your account to continue the procedure.
- Click on your profile image from the top-right corner of the screen window.
- From the menu, search and click on the account you want to switch to.
Signing Out Gmail.com Account
- From the device of your choice, visit the official page.
- Secondly, select your display image available on the top right of the screen.
- Search and select the “Sign out” or “Sign out of all accounts” option on the menu.
IMPORTANT: Before signing out of the account, make sure you have backup ways to sign back into that particular account if you have any issues signing back in.
Read More About: How to Delete Gmail Account?
Logging-Out Of www.Gmail.com
Sign-Out From Computer
In case you forget to sign out your account from another computer, there is a way you can remotely sign out:
- Open the official website of Gmail to begin the process.
- Search and select the “Details” option available on the top-right of the screen.
TIP: When you use a public shared computer, always remember to sign out before leaving the computer in your possession.
Sign Out From Android / iOS
The only way you can sign out from your account on an android device is by deleting your report from all the applications of your device. When the Gmail account is removed, you won’t remain signed in to any Google application.
This option is only preferable if you want to delete all the information and Google’s data available and your device and you’re giving your device to someone else.
- Open the Gmail application from the Android or iOS device.
- Tapping your profile picture available on the top-right of the screen.
- Click on “Manage accounts on this device“.
- Select your account.
- Search and tap “Remove Account” to successfully delete your account from your device or tablet.
Note: Once you’re done removing your account from the steps above, your account itself will not be deleted, and you’ll be able to use it on other devices or your computer.
Basic FAQs / Troubleshoot
Although Gmail is one of the most accessible mailing websites out there, being a site with a wide variety of options to choose from, you may need assistance to take full advantage of the services offered by Google.
You can check out some of the answers available on the help page of Gmail, but there are still significant questions that aren’t available that the help page is unable to answer. You’ll find some handy FAQs answered below.
Q.Are Gmail Emails Encrypted?
All the content sent and received on Gmail is end-to-end encrypted, including the attachments and documents. However, the data and information are still accessible by Gmail, and sending emails or attachments to insecure services with not secure emails can put your encryption in danger.
Meanwhile, if you need to fully encrypt your emails with a particular password to ensure that even Gmail can’t access it, you’ll be needing third-party services for that.
Q.Can I sort emails in Gmail?
To date, Gmail has not offered a way through which users can sort their emails, but there are ways that you can sort mails by name, size, labels, subjects, and sender.
Q.Can Gmail Send Scheduled Mails?
No, officially scheduling emails are not supported by Gmail. Although, there is a Google transcript that quickly schedules mails for you.
Q.What Does Archive Mean In Gmail?
Archive emails are the emails that you don’t currently need but may need in the future, so you archive them, which removes them from your inbox and moves them to your All mail. Emails archived are not deleted and can be easily opened.