Deleting your AOL mail account removes different complications you are facing. Ensure that you back up your data before deleting your AOL mail account. After years of being with AOL Mail, many other email service providers offer much more effective and better features relating to your privacy and security measures and the ease of using it.
Even though deleting your AOL email account isn’t possible without closing your complete AOL Account, which means losing the full services provided by AOL, including AIM Instant Messenger.
Free AOL does not require users to cancel any payments or subscriptions from that account before closing.
On the other hand, your address books and emails are deleted permanently right after 90 days of inactivity in AOL. You can log back into your account by putting your login details on the AOL signup page.
TIP: Using a web browser is critical to delete an AOL, as the account deleting option isn’t yet available on android or iOS devices.
STEPS TO DELETE ACCOUNT
- Visit the AOL Mail Login page by going to their official website.
- Login to your account by adding your username and password.
- To access the Account Page, type in the security question you set up while creating the account and tap “Continue.”
- Find and click on the “Manage my subscriptions” option available on the “My Account” page.
- Right beside the information of your AOL account, there will be a “Cancel” link. Click on it.
- Select from the drop-down box option or type in the reason for deleting your AOL account.
- Hit the “Cancel AOL account” option and the “Keep my plan” link if you are particular about deleting the account.
- You will then delete your account successfully.