WhatsApp allows you to block any unwanted contact that irritates you. Blocking the contact will prevent them from sending you texts, calls and won’t see the last seen. Similarly, this can be undone easily as well.
When you newly receive a text message from an unknown number, WhatsApp Messenger automatically detects it as spam and asks you if you want the number to be sent to your blocked list or if you want to add them to your contacts.
Steps To Block A Contact On WhatsApp
- Open the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Secondly, open the chat of the person you want to block.
- On the top-right corner of the window, click on the three vertical dots to open a menu.
- Tap “Block” or “Report and Block.”
Suppose you suspect that the user is a scammer. In that case, you should directly click on “Report And Block,” which will automatically signal the WhatsApp Department to look into that account and decide whether or not they should be on WhatsApp.
It is requested not to Report accounts unless they are phishing, spreading hateful content, spamming, or breaking any WhatsApp Terms of Services. Once you block the contact, the blocked user won’t see your profile picture, will not call you, or even send you text messages at all.
How To Unblock Contact on WhatsApp?
- Open “Settings” by clicking on the three dots available on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Account” from the menu.
- Search and select “Privacy.”
- Click on “Blocked Contact” to view the list of users you have previously blocked.
- Tap the number or the user’s name you want to unblock or manually search their name from the list.
- Tap on “Unblock” beside their name and confirm.