Blocking any user from AOL Mail restricts that account from sending anything to you. To make your performance even more secure, you can stop the user if you’re still receiving many unwanted messages on your account. There are additional steps that can take to prevent these issues.
AOL enables you to block or permanently prevent users, businesses, online stores from emailing you.
The AOL feature lets you secure a maximum of 1000 emails from one account, and it doesn’t require downloading any extension. You can prevent senders from mailing you by blocking them, depending on if you’re from a PC or a mobile device application.
If you’re using a browser or a PC, you can send the email of the unwanted email’s account to the blocked list that will permanently stop them from emailing you.
If you’re using a mobile application, you can mark that sender’s account as spam, which will automatically send emails from that account to the spam folder without you even knowing it.
Steps To Block Senders (Except Saved Contacts)
- Tap on Options > Mail Settings, available under your username.
- Search and click the “Block sender” option.
- Check the box open next to “Accept emails from people in your contacts.”
- Hit “Save Settings” to finish.
Steps To Block Images In Emails
By enabling this feature, you will not receive emails from unknown senders. That will save you from clicking on them to download unwanted software or viruses on your device or even prevent your information from getting leaked.
- Open your account and click on “Options” under your username.
- Next, tap on “Mail Settings.”
- Search and Select the “General” option available on the screen.
- From the “Reading” section on the page, select and open the “Hide images from unknown senders” page.
- Finally, tap “Save Settings.”